Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What’s the worst thing you’ve left behind at a CG?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MapNerd

RVF 1K Club
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
We changed campgrounds today and I left my Hose-Y with shut offs attached to the spigot with my female quick-couplers. Didn’t realize it until I went to hook up.

This is the third time I’ve done that. Luckily, Lowes was close by so I was able to go get another one but it’s really just the self-shame of it all. This time, I tied the hose-y to the freshwater hose so now I can’t pull the hose in without taking the Y with me, even if it disconnect them.

anyway, just curious what the worst thing you all have left behind at a campground was.

My bottle of vegetable oil I use for the griddle. I almost drove back for it! I liked that bottle!

I almost left the power watchdog and the 50amp cable too. I was not bringing my A game today.

We drove off with the Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X surge suppressor still hanging on the pedestal. Got all the way home (about 400 miles) and when I started to hook up the power at the stocks-and-bricks pedestal, I noticed PT50X was missing. Had a flashback to when we left the last park we stayed at and knew exactly what happened.

For people old enough to remember newscaster Paul Harvey, "and now for the rest of the story." I called the campground and the manager answered. I told him what had happened and he said "I was waiting for you to call before I tried calling you." Seems like the maintenance guy that cleans up sites before a new arrival comes in found it and brought it over to the office.

The manager said "give me your mailing address and I'll send it to you." That sounded a whole lot better than an 800-mile round trip to retrieve it. I assured him that I would pay for the packing and shipping, and asked if a credit card would work for paying. "Nope...not necessary; I'll send it to you at no charge." It arrived, well packed, four days later.

There are some good people in this world!

TJ

That guy saved your bacon!

We drove off with the Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X surge suppressor still hanging on the pedestal. Got all the way home (about 400 miles) and when I started to hook up the power at the stocks-and-bricks pedestal, I noticed PT50X was missing. Had a flashback to when we left the last park we stayed at and knew exactly what happened.

For people old enough to remember newscaster Paul Harvey, "and now for the rest of the story." I called the campground and the manager answered. I told him what had happened and he said "I was waiting for you to call before I tried calling you." Seems like the maintenance guy that cleans up sites before a new arrival comes in found it and brought it over to the office.

The manager said "give me your mailing address and I'll send it to you." That sounded a whole lot better than an 800-mile round trip to retrieve it. I assured him that I would pay for the packing and shipping, and asked if a credit card would work for paying. "Nope...not necessary; I'll send it to you at no charge." It arrived, well packed, four days later.

There are some good people in this world!

TJ

I could have written that very same story, except it involved a water pressure regulator. There are in fact good people in this world, and a great many of them can be found in campgrounds and RV parks.

I leave the Y and pressure regulator connected to the water line, no quick connects. All I have to do is connect the Y to the water spigot and I won’t forget anything. I unhook the EMS from the post first, then the cord from the EMS. I stow the EMS before even reeling up the cord. Works for me.

We drove of, leaving a table cloth and a pot of flowers. We laughed and convinced ourselves that we left if for the next camper. (y)

Latest resources

Back