Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

crgray1095

RVF Newbee
Hey guys. My family and I are in the market to buy a bunk house camper. I have narrowed down the options that my wife and I agree on and we actually put a down payment on a mallard m33. I feel I have made a mistake and jumped the gun. As I get home, I decide to look up some reviews on the line of campers. Horrible is an understatement for the reviews I am reading. The last thing I want to do is invest over 35000 on a camper that is going to fall apart. Reviews I am reading are talking about cabinets falling off and horribly poor workmanship. So.... We said well lets look at the reviews of our 2nd and 3rd pick. The Coleman that my wife is in love with has same type of reviews and so does the sport trek that we looked at. Is this the case with all campers. We are new to this and really want to find something that is easy to just go when time permits as I my work is hard to "plan" trips. We were hoping to get into the camping world to be Abe to be ready to go anywhere any moment that we feel and have fun with our family of seven. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am sure the dealer will let you switch the down payment to another system if asked. However, sometimes take reviews with a grain of salt. I am not saying totally discount them but read them and see if a common problem, check and see if just nit-picky things are being pointed out and then remember, reviews are sometimes tainted by businesses and manufacturers who have employees intentionally get on to trash competitors. Hard to believe that isn’t it.

I am just saying, read them and decide if the negative reviews outweigh the positive. We looked at Mallard too and while I did not see anything that really made me suspicious, the FR Grey Wolf had more of what we wanted in our first TT.

Hello, and welcome @crgray1095

I have no direct experience with pull behind RVs, but I have done a little research for a friend on the subject. What I found is that Arctic Fox, Outdoors RV, and Lance have pretty good reputations. With that said, the RV industry as a whole has a quality problem that it doesn’t appear willing to seriously address. Given that the public continues to buy regardless, it doesn’t have much of an incentive to change the status quo.

I think Neemer is right about Artic Fox and Lance. Most of the time follow the money if it is cheap as in little money pay close attention. There is a reason, most times we what what we pay for.

Latest resources

Back