Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What I paid for my class A = my cost of enjoyment.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This a quote from our Neil:

"With that said I also have no issues with you posting what you paid for your RV or what discount you got from a dealer or even what pricing you are paying for specials such as Newmar allows customizing and you pay for each "special" they call it. Unless you are forced to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) then you are free to share the information. That is entirely up to you but there are no rules on this site on what you can or cannot post when it comes to buying or selling your RV or services such as who you got service from and how much they charged you. By sharing this information we help each other."

I would like to share my information here. Hopefully I picked the correct place to share.

I knew what I wanted and really enjoyed the HUNT. Hopefully others can weigh in with more information.

I found my RV a 1990 Barth in Wisconsin about 600 miles away. My purchase price and cost to drive home and pay Ohio sales tax was about $.68, yes I mean 68 cents per pound. That was low compared to tow vehicle that was 88 cents per pound. In comparison my 1965 mustang cost me upward of $7.50 per pound.

To put this all into perspective it is not what you pay for your rig(s), but the “enjoyment you get in return” that should satisfy YOU.

The mustang is long gone and I enjoy working on the Barth as much as I like traveling with the Barth.

I have invested another 68 cents per pound or 20K in the Barth. I will continue to maintain the Barth as needed. The age of this rig scares most people away. All of the Barth’s life it was used and cared for. The Barth was never left outside abandon in the hot sun or cold winter.

If you care to share the cost of your rig, what ever it may be, I am sure I am not the least expensive or the most expensive. We can show others it is still about the bottom line of enjoying your purchase, no matter what it cost you. We can all compare prices and “notes” of what we pay for enjoyment.View attachment 22510
This is a gorgeous predecessor to the Newell. Beautiful!

Latest resources

Back