Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What is your favorite thing to do while camping?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Fellow campers, when you get to a campground and you're settled in, what are your typical activities? What do you like to do most while camping?

In transit we look to get in before dark, set up quickly, have a relaxed meal ( I like to grill), and then relax with a frosty beverage. When not in transit, I like to cook over open fire in evening, and then shift to relaxing near fire with frosty beverage.

I travel for work, so we enjoy just spending time together and chilling out.
Occasionally travel with larger group, same events just more participants.

I would say my number 1 thing is walking. Sometimes while traveling and staying just one night here and there it is harder to do, but I always try to get in at least a mile or so. When stationary in one place for a week or longer I'll find a walking path or trail and do between 2.5 and 3 miles a day.

My second favorite thing must be working on the RV because I end up doing that about 10 hours a week or more it seems like.

My favorite thing is kayaking. We usually camp near a river or lake so we can enjoy the water with our canines.
They also ride in our kayaks/canoe and seem to enjoy more than we do!

Attachments

• IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 17
  • Oscar on ww 5.jpg
    Oscar on ww 5.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 17
Read...the peace and (usually) quiet setting(s) are the perfect place to get caught up. I have three books in the MH waiting for the next trip. When I try to read at home, things just get in the way!

Preparing a nice meal (eating out if there's something special in the area), walking, exploring, researching the area, researching for next stop.

220AA797-F368-4917-8E3B-59725B4FC5B5.jpeg

Fellow campers, when you get to a campground and you're settled in, what are your typical activities? What do you like to do most while camping?
I enjoy fishing, biking, and just got back from a 4 day deer hunt in a National Forest. We are not really the fire pit type.

Stricken comment---threats received

I enjoy meeting fellow campers, campfires, and watching new campers fight as they try to park and setup.

Always doing something at home, so camping We enjoy doing nothing.

Latest resources

Back