Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What pads to use on an orbital polisher when waxing a motorhome?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
It's that time of the year again, time to get a good clean and wax on the coach. For the detailing experts, what pads to you recommend using to apply and remove wax? Probably going to use rejex or mcguires again. This is the orbital polisher I use:

I know the pads come in all times from cut, buff, polishing, etc. I want to stock up on the right pads to use prior to my Feb 1st travels. Any suggestions on what to get?

Neal...spend some time watching videos and reading about products at shinesupply.com. I discovered them about a year ago and have converted to their chemicals. I am a believer in all of their products.

They have polishes and maintenance products with easy to use instructions.

Whatever you do, make sure it's a dual action orbiter and a very fine compound .

I buy my pads from Autogeek. However, I don’t use my random orbital to apply or remove wax. I reserve those for polishing.

This image is from their website.

BB8969A6-4070-40E9-9CE1-19D5AC138278.jpeg

I've used Chemical Guys I think it is and Lake Country pads in the past.

Both CG and lake are the biggest pad suppliers. I have both and I decide what pads based on what I am trying to accomplish.

Here is an crazy but efficient tip because it cuts down the amount of time to run around the whole coach. Rent a electric scissor lift. They deliver and pick up and weekend rates are usually the best. I have scaffolding and that takes two people to move it. Lifts are not cheap but very efficient.

For many years I did all my own washing, waxing, everything. Have all the equipment. As I have gotten up there in age it just is no longer worth it. For $10/ft I can get a complete hand wash and wax. Takes 2-3 guys all day. The $400 is well worth it and I just figure it’s part of the annual maintenance costs. Probably will never go back to spending two days doing it myself. Maybe it’s an age thing
Aging Jim Beaver GIF by CBS

I do the same when I am fortunate to go to locations that offer it. I've had mostly good experiences.

For many years I did all my own washing, waxing, everything. Have all the equipment. As I have gotten up there in age it just is no longer worth it. For $10/ft I can get a complete hand wash and wax. Takes 2-3 guys all day. The $400 is well worth it and I just figure it’s part of the annual maintenance costs. Probably will never go back to spending two days doing it myself. Maybe it’s an age thing
Aging Jim Beaver GIF by CBS
Two days to do it and two weeks to recover😀

about 6 years ago I switch to having them ceramic coated. Now washing and exterior maintenance is simplified. do your research as it is an investment in you paint and shine. Not cheap but worth every penny. I have done 4 coaches now and would do it again.

Latest resources

Back