Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What RV memberships, clubs, etc are you a member of (2024 edition)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
In another thread discussing FMCA I posted how I have been tapering off my memberships based on what I've used over the recent years. In the beginning I joined about everything. As of today I am probably only in FMCA until it expires, if it hasn't done so already. I let my Harvest Hosts expire but will probably pick that up again next year when I hit the roads. I maintained Good Sam for a bit as the discounts at CG's can add up. I am a member of KOA rewards and that one does pay off with ease and the VIP level membership gives you free cancellations, etc. so I typically let my points accumulate. I did join Passport America with a lifetime membership in 2017 when I did their caravan, which was awesome, but have yet to use any of their perks since. I let my Escapee's expire as I never did anything with them but if I was a full timer I would most likely maintain their membership and go to their events, they always seem pretty cool.

With that said, what memberships are you still active in and plan on maintaining? What do you find valuable vs. not?

KOA rewards member since 2001, love the rewards and like @Neal mentioned, free cancellations, its the only one I've ever used, we're not really event or rally people so FMCA or others are of no interest to us

I finally joined FMCA a year ago when I needed new front tires. I’ll be renewing it later this year as I need 6 more tires for the MH this winter. I also need new tires for my Jeep and the FMCA Michelin Advantage discount is $100 per tire, although you must use a commercial dealer which typically don’t sell passenger car tires. I think I found one near our winter spot in SWFL.

I joined Passport America this past year and it paid for itself after its first use at a campground in Ocala that we would have stayed at anyway.

I also re-joined Boondockers Welcome as I will be attending a wedding next month and there are no campgrounds nearby, but there is a host that has accepted our request.

I also have Good Sam which at a 10% discount at many campgrounds has paid for itself several times over.

Lastly there is CoachNet for the peace of mind. Fortunately I haven’t had to find out how well it really works.

I’m not a KOA fan and have let it lapse.

We’re on the road about 6 months / year.

Oh yeah, there’s also the AARP membership (lifetime) that has also paid for itself many many times over. Currently at Normandy Farms for 11 days and the AARP savings is just under $100.

Still maintain GoodSam as the campground discounts pay for it every year.
Planning to drop FMCA next go around.
We just signed up for Harvest Hosts for this summers trip - jury is still out if we will keep it. We used HH for more than 10 nights this year. Not sure it saves anything but does result in a different travel experience.

RV-related memberships:
  • FMCA, undecided about renewing
  • Harvest Hosts, reluctantly just renewed and booked seven nights during the next month
  • Good Sam, don’t care for the company, but benefit from discounts
  • Escapees, love the group and use the mail service
  • KOA Rewards
  • AIM, it’s a good group, but not our style so won’t renew
  • TSD, awesome savings on fuel
  • Coach-Net, their reputation is awesome
There’s other clubs I’d join, but haven’t found them yet…Half-Price Coach Parts comes to mind.

At one time we considered Good Sam, KOA, Harvest Hosts, Boondockers Welcome. Passport America among others but didn't see any on-going value. We're set up for boondocking and maybe only pay for 5 or 6 nights a year at RV parks, otherwise, we're maximizing our usage at western TT parks.
  1. FMCA for FMCAssist - might renew for longest term before price increase
  2. Escapees - likely not renewing
  3. Thousand Trails - keeping for the foreseeable future
  4. TSD/Open Roads - Diesel
  5. Nationwide - Best diesel discounts in Canada
  6. Costco - shopping and fuel

1. KOA
  2. Good Sam - saves a few cents on gas at Flying J. I don't use Camping World
  3. Coach-Net
  4. NKK

Is Coach Net a warranty?

Is Coach Net a warranty?
Road side assistance and more, highly recommend but not really what this thread is about. This thread is more for RV Lifestyle type memberships vs. repair, service, warranty, etc.

Highly recommend coach-net though.

Back to regular programming...

Oh yeah, there’s also the AARP membership (lifetime) that has also paid for itself many many times over.
Interesting. I have AARP but never thought of using it. Never asked if it was a discount option.

Latest resources

Back