Coachman
RV Model
Chaparral 360IBL
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 KIA Niro
Fulltimer
Yes
So this is going to be my first winter while full timing. We have a 2021 Coachman Chaparral 360IBL and live in south Texas. Typically, we might see a couple of nights below freezing with an occasional day or two below freezing during daylight hours. Rarely ever is there any snow, and if there is it’s typically less than an inch.

However, this past February the temp here got down to the single digits and it stayed below freezing for 5 days straight. On top of that, we got 8” of snow and almost 1/2” of freezing rain.

As of right now, long range forecasts show a possible repeat of last year so I want to go ahead and start getting ready before I’m caught with my pants down.

So, for those that full time in cold(er) areas, what do you do to get ready to make sure you don’t have any problems? Thanks!

Make sure you have plenty of propane for heat?. Really, you want to keep your outside utilities, water hose and sewer stowed in prolong below freezing spells. You can purchase a heated water hose but a lot of parks in South Texas won’t have a water supply in cold snaps like last winter.

Yeah, we lost water at our house due to so many main pipes freezing that supplied neighborhoods.

My RV has an enclosed underbelly. At what temperature do I have to start worrying about my fresh water tank freezing?

I’m working on acquiring some extra propane tanks right now. I also just got in 300 amps of lithium batteries to replace the single AGM battery that came with the RV. Got 750 watts of solar in our storage unit that I need to find a place for, and got a nice MPPT charge controller to go along with them. There were places last February that were without power for a week.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back