Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What were your campground fees for 2022?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
And just for comparisons, I paid $4,200 (or $11.50 per night) for last year (12 months) for site rent only. My electric is metered and it varies widely over a year (single digit winter to triple digit summer). Also as of March 1st, my site rent will go up $25.

The reason for the HUGE difference, other than I don't stay in $60 per night places, is that I live, fulltime, in the same RV park, for 30-31 days at a time (one month). This means I pay the MONTHLY rate which is typically much cheaper. This is why I keep telling people who ask the old question 'how much' that it just depends. I don't travel due to work (retail drone). BUT if you DO travel, pick a central place where you can daytrip to other locations, or just explore the area around your stop a bit more thoroughly. Stay for a month before moving on. I think my current park charges $30 per night (includes electric). The current park has a few "overnight" spots that rent for $435 per month on non-metered (electric included) site ($5,220 or $14.30 per night). So even if you pay for a higher priced electric included site, by staying for a month, you are saving huge over the nightly rates. This typically works out no matter what price point the place you stay at is. Most people have a towed that typically uses less fuel than their Class A/B/C. Many tow vehicles use less fuel when they are not towing the trailer.

I always tell newbies that they do not have to move every night or every few nights to "full-time". I usually tell this to the 'is it cheaper to live in an house or live in an RV' people. I say it's often cheaper, but it depends on if you travel or mostly stay put. But then I have been told I am not a "full-timer" based on some arbitrary definition of full-timing = constantly moving.

345 nights in parks @ $ 1,102.

You need to adjust your costs to reflect whatever membership price you are paying on top of that.
Membership paid in full. Annual maintenance for all three programs was $1200.00. That makes it $2,300.

2023 six months ~$5,000 camping fees only. Who knows for gas, etc.

Last edited:
Don’t separate miles driven for camping / personal. In 2023 we traveled 17,723 miles spending $5,151.34 in gas fuel.

It's hard to answer this! 180 for 7 month permit LTVA, 14 day stay areas the rest of the year!!! But that is deceptive. If you use a generator fuel regularly far exceeds utilities in a park! Amount used in fuel to move depends on how you move! If you choose solar there is maintenance that should be figured in.

Costs in frustration while you learn the ropes, don't have a dollar value, but you should place a value on this valuable commodity!

All in all, done right likely 150USD per month!!!

Latest resources

Back