Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What would cause this? Should I be concerned? (I am)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neemer

Crayon Eater
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
I just found this damp spot underneath my FWS. It’s right above the rear tires and extends to the left of the photo about another 2-3 feet.

There is no plumbing in the FWS to serve as a source. The coach has sat out in the rain this week with the FWS extended. I can only assume the rainwater is taking an unseen path to get to that point. Otherwise, I’m stumped.

I have another five days of warranty left.

210761BC-B2C8-4AF4-B7E7-904CFB5FB4C9.jpeg

Where is the frig and ice maker line in reference to that area?

I doubt it's from wheel well water intrusion. Have you driven in the rain recently?

Thanks for the reply, @Neal. The fridge, ice maker are on the other side of the Coach. However, I will go below and trace water lines.

I agree it’s not from the wheel well. I managed to drive back from Phoenix without encountering a drop of rain.

I had a leak under my shower, not sure how long it was going on. I saw the water dripping under the back of the coach one day on a nice white concrete pad. I was able to remove one of the furnace blowers on the bedroom side of the shower to inspect under the shower and resolve the issue. Something to think of as you inspect.

Obviously if you have the kitchen sink there a thorough inspection below is wise. Lots of water lines running under there.

Are you sure it is not hydraulic fluid? I think late models come with hydraulic FWS’s?

Are you sure it is not hydraulic fluid? I think late models come with hydraulic FWS’s?

Whoa. That’s an interesting thought. I’ll look at it again tomorrow.

Buly has a point. That "leak" looks like it has a little red tint to me. I know in the past, if you contact Newmar and document the issue, they should take care of it regardless of warranty time past. Now that was in the past. I'm not sure Newmar is maintaining their former stellar customer service anymore judging from my recent contact attempts.

You might want to open the bay where the girard awnings are plugged in and look at the frame rail and see if it is showing a leak as well. I had hydraulic fluid leaking from a loose connection just above the frame rail. I would call and try real hard to get Spencer. He was a huge help when I had my DS. You may have to wait a while on the phone. I waited 25 mins for a customer service rep, but once you have them on the phone, I have found them helpful and patient. You definitely want to get everything documented with Newmar before your warranty is up.

Latest resources

Back