Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
I retired in a small community. It can be interesting at times, scary at others, and amusing almost all the time. Here is Friday's real-life report from our Mayor.

Bob Scott said:
Friday afternoon in Franklin.
Folks were standing in socially distanced line to get into the bank.
A group of motorcyclists from Charlotte stopped in town. Got dinners to go and wandered on out of town.
A car had to be jumped off on Main Street. Very exciting.
There was a peaceful and quiet rolling convoy from some folks saying businesses should be reopened. They paraded through town. They got their message across very well.

It was a great Friday afternoon and peaceful.

I retired in a small community. It can be interesting at times, scary at others, and amusing almost all the time. Here is Friday's real-life report from our Mayor.
It reads like a Las Vegas newspaper From 1900. Did see it in a documentary.

I went to my wife's high school reunion and two of classmates didn't show up but still all fit at the same table.

I went to my wife's high school reunion and two of classmates didn't show up but still all fit at the same table.
My high school was so small that the classrooms only had one wall! :rolleyes:

TJ

Really love my small town. I would not be able to do suburban or big city life. Yes, we have busy bodies and they keep life interesting. I’m very worried about our small businesses here. Some will close forever.

Mayberry, sheriff Andy Taylor, deputy Barney Fife, Aunt Bea and of course, Opie. Ahhhhhh

who can name more regulars?

Let's not forget the barber, Floyd (Lawson?), In the middle seasons of the run, cousin Gomer Pyle was fairly regular and eventually spun off into Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.

TJ

Reminds me of The News from Lake Wobegone

Mayberry. Otis Campbell. The town drunk. Think back...he was the only character with a spouse. The only married guy on the show was a drunk. Go figgr

Latest resources

Back