Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jbgarrison6

RVF Regular
We purchased a 2023 Artic Wolf 3660 suite 5'ver back in Sept of last year. I perform preventative maintenance on our rig when needed, but unsure of the wheel bearing maintenance. Could anyone tell me how often to grease the EZ lube system on the Dexter axles, and how often I need to actually take the wheels off and repack the bearings by hand. I've heard 12,000 miles or once a year. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I always inspected after every "long" trip, mainly just checking brakes, then hand packed yearly, I never used the EZ Lube

I'm a newbie on electric brakes and travel trailers,what should I look for on brakes?

Pad thickness, uneven wear, just the shape of everything, lots of moving parts, I had one new fifth wheel the wire was cut, it was installed near a pinch point

Thanks, is there a general pad thickness to look for? Also I have duel axels, I noticed a magnet rubbing slightly on one of the drums,looks like maby a spring pushing magnet ,maby its streached ,should I worry about that? 2017 gray wolf. Not planning on doing a lot on traveling this year.

There are very good videos on YouTube about the subject.

I put a lot of miles on my TT's. I've always just used the ez lube zerks with no issues. Currently have over 60K on this trailer with no problems. I usually get arguments from the 'hand pack' crowd but I know what has worked for me with many different TT's over the years.

I put a lot of miles on my TT's. I've always just used the ez lube zerks with no issues. Currently have over 60K on this trailer with no problems. I usually get arguments from the 'hand pack' crowd but I know what has worked for me with many different TT's over the years.
no arguments from me, I just always hand packed only because I'm a retired maintenance millwright, I enjoy checking brakes, bearings, races etc, only way to do it is to take things apart, I know, kinda anal, but I sleep better knowing all is well

If you use your TT a good bit, don’t forget to check your brake adjustment on the drum brakes. Most are not self adjusting.

Latest resources

Back