RV Model
3456RL
RV Length
40’
TOW/TOAD
2017 F-250 w/airlift bags
Fulltimer
Yes
Anybody tried reducing wheel offset from stock on srw? Idea being moving tire out to flush with aftermarket wheel to give slight increase of tire tracking width?

Need more info on the toad...I have moved offsets on several vehicles for differing purposes.

Never use a spacer. They are dangerous. Even properly installed, it requires frequent maintenance and torqueing.

Need more info on the toad...I have moved offsets on several vehicles for differing purposes.

Never use a spacer. They are dangerous. Even properly installed, it requires frequent maintenance and torqueing.
Never mentioned using spacer, but I agree. Just thinking if dually has wider track and better stability, by moving tire/wheel about 1” or so further out (using min. Factory wheel/tire weight specs, could I get a little better tow stability with srw?

Never mentioned using spacer, but I agree. Just thinking if dually has wider track and better stability, by moving tire/wheel about 1” or so further out (using min. Factory wheel/tire weight specs, could I get a little better tow stability with srw?
short answer no.

Longer answer -- your inner wheel / tire on a DRW is in line with the steering . This is important for weight distribution, alignment, and stability. With a DRW, and additional tire is placed outside of the steering on some trucks, or inside on larger trucks. This does give more weight distribution and grip, but cannot be accomplished just by moving the tire out.

What I would do is find a wheel offset that keeps the inside edge aligned with the steering, but a wider tire ( ie: go from a 7in wheel width to a 10 in wheel width). You will have to play with custom wheel offset tools online to find the right match, and a tire that will fit. This means you will have tire sticking outside of the fender, but in most states that is not an issue. As long as your home state allows it, then you are ok in all states.

The jeep community does this all the time, as do some of the "rolling coal" boys.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back