RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Cougar
RV Length
28'
Fulltimer
No
While replacing the brakes on my TT I happened to look up to see an expensive future repair. The flimsy material had worn away exposing the wooden floor of the trailer. This is right above the tires and gets a lot of road debris.

Attachments

• 20221010_094119.jpg
    20221010_094119.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
yup, I’d say untreated/repaired there is some rot in the future for that trailer. My daughter had a Forest River Salem, purchased new in 2018, that had so much rot in the floors after three years that it was determined to be unrepairable and totaled by the insurance company. So good to catch it early.

It looks like your tire rubbed it when on some rough terrain. I had a similar issue when I had a blown tire. I trimmed all the material, then painted the area with a sealant to prevent water penetration. I the measured the entire area and cut some sheet metal and screwed it to the floor. That way it will be protected from anymore scrubs.

It looks like your tire rubbed it when on some rough terrain. I had a similar issue when I had a blown tire. I trimmed all the material, then painted the area with a sealant to prevent water penetration. I the measured the entire area and cut some sheet metal and screwed it to the floor. That way it will be protected from anymore scrubs.
I don't think it ever rubbed but rather rock and other debris thrown from the tires.

Sanda, I also agree with the tire rubbing mentioned above.

I'd seal it, then tape some fabric on the hole.

Then screw sheetmetal covers above the tires on each side like the manufacturer should have done.

Latest resources

Back