• Commercial/Vendors welcome

When is it too hot to travel?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Drove from Reno NV to Las Vegas on Sunday. Got to Vegas and holy crap the temp was 117°!!
I have lived in southern NV for most of my life but it seems the older we get the more we feel the heat. 🥵

Drove from Reno NV to Las Vegas on Sunday. Got to Vegas and holy crap the temp was 117°!!
I have lived in southern NV for most of my life but it seems the older we get the more we feel the heat. 🥵
Age has nothing to do with it! My mother inlaw was never without a sweater as long as I knew her!!! She lived in Phoenix, AZ.

Never altered travel based on heat. I have noticed in FL, a number of people with coolers in their vehicles with water on ice. Some have beer, but that doesn’t seem healthy. I would dread a breakdown at 95 degrees - actually at any temperature.

Not sure about engine or tires, but I would suspect extreme heat is extra stress on both.
Not real sure that there is a whole lot of difference. 110 vs 80, I doubt that the engine would even notice 30 degrees and the tires? If treated right, they won't either I would bet.

We have left the oppressive Texas heat by late June for the past 16 years, always going to the mountains. This year we had planned to leave July 1 for the mountains in NM slowly making our way to Pueblo for the Newmar International Rally and not returning until after the Balloon Festival in mid-October.

Health issues have reared its ugly head. I'm scheduled for a heart cath on Monday and we'll see after that what our travel plans will be.

Getting old isn't for sissies.

To answer your question, Neal, it never gets too hot to travel it only gets too hot to stay home.
Gods speed in recovery! I've had cath ablation and didn't feel a thing and it fixed the afib.
You'll feel great and think nothing of it!

Happy Camping!!

Latest resources

Back