• Commercial/Vendors welcome

When is it too hot to travel?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Texas Clodhopper ........Hope all goes well for you! And "TRUE", Getting old isn't for sissies!!

I try to avoid extreme temperature areas!

Though We live in Florida, St. Augustine, We do not seem to get the oppressive heat & extremely high temperatures. The beauty is, there is always a nice ocean breeze!
Side Note....Was hotter here in Virginia most of this week, than in St. Augustine, which is 780 mile South!😓

I appreciate all the well wishes. Its just another bump in the road of life.

@Texas Clodhopper i am thinking good thoughts for you and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Speaking of humidity, the day before the latest tropical storm made landfall in Mexico, the dewpoint was 80℉ in San Antonio, TX. It felt more like we were drinking the air rather than breathing it.

Hope all goes well @Texas Clodhopper.

As to the heat, yeah, never stopped me either but as my travel has been delays I'm now looking at mid to late July for departure and I'm dreading the heat and humidity in Virginia. Still not sure where I'm going but somewhere where it's cooler for sure. I remember in the past years crazy hot weather, brown outs or complete power outs in some campgrounds, Niagara Falls KOA I think it was where my section went completely out due to extreme heat. I lived in Tucson so I'm familiar with 3 months of the year simply not going outside, I still loved it there though. But we all need to keep the heat in mind when connecting/disconnecting, setting up, etc. and go slow, keep hydrated, etc. A reminder to myself. And run the A/C's with GEN as needed, keep the house cool as it takes too long to catch up once at the CG.
Just got auto gen start amd Li batteries. Hope the power doesn’t go out, but theoretically, I I am niw prepared. No more waking up in the middle of the night to the low battery alarm. Hopefully.🙏💪
Trying to get this thing to “evolve” into a Bayutch Star.😂

Ever thought it may be too hot to travel? Is it bad for your engine, tires, what if you break down? Connecting and disconnecting toads/trailers in severe heat? Do you have any criteria for severe hot weather ops?
When in Arizona, the question is not is it to hot to travel!

It's hot so let's travel!!!

IMG_20240622_112557.jpg

2018_0131_184928_002.JPG

No phone service, roads not suitable for buses! Quiet! Over 100 in Phoenix,under 70 here!!!

Boarding the ferry to Newfoundland in 2 days. Average July highs in the low 70's. We're getting away from our Colorado heat.😀

Speaking of humidity, the day before the latest tropical storm made landfall in Mexico, the dewpoint was 80℉ in San Antonio, TX. It felt more like we were drinking the air rather than breathing it.
Our daughter went to Rice in Houston. We helped her move into a second floor apt in August. Could barely breathe it was so humid.

Our daughter went to Rice in Houston. We helped her move into a second floor apt in August. Could barely breathe it was so humid.
I lived in Houston and the suburbs for 60 years, and the humidity can be brutal.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back