• Commercial/Vendors welcome

When is it too hot to travel?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Awesome Rich...we did the same thing last summer. Left in 110* temps all the way to Colburg, OR. Had windshield replaced (you will be impressed with the facility) then headed to Newport, OR. The coast was 60-65* for the next 7 days. It was awesome. Have a wonderful trip. Blessings
Did you stay at Pacific Shores?

119 in Indio by the end of the week.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Fire GIF by Leroy Patterson

NO, we stayed at the Port of Newport RV park. Basically in the parking lot of the marina. We really enjoyed it however, because it's nearby the aquarium, many awesome bike trails, and the campers are mostly fishermen who boil their crabs and BBQ their salmon every night when they return. We drove by Pacific Shores. It's VERY nice filled with awesome coaches, but a little north of town. Don't think you'll be disappointed with Pacific Shores (since you tow). Have fun. Blessings

We’ve stayed there many times and love it. One of our favorite rv spots. It’s especially nice if you can snag one of the spots overlooking the lighthouse and the Pacific.
IMG_2866.jpeg
IMG_2836.jpeg

“But it’s a dry heat!”
Because everytime someone says that to me, I have a response, I will repeat it for you!!! Have you ever appreciated dry heaves??? Same thing,very uncomfortable.

Last year I braved 127 degrees. 110 is minimum day temps consistently for roughly a month in the Phoenix area. When I was a young adult AC was still an option for your vehicle!!!

No I'm not as old as dirt, but I was as dry as dust!!! Don't know how I did it!!!

We’ve stayed there many times and love it. One of our favorite rv spots. It’s especially nice if you can snag one of the spots overlooking the lighthouse and the Pacific.View attachment 24616View attachment 24617
I’ve been toying with the idea of buying a space on the south side along the sound wall that separates the park from the houses next door. I’ll be there in August to check it out.

Latest resources

Back