Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where to find DEEP pre-made slide drawer for my pantry.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mjeds

RVF VIP
my highland ridge has a 13" wide x 33" deep pantry.

best slide out shelves I can find are 11" x 21" deep.

the 11" is fine as I need clearance either side for the tracks, But I really do not want to lose a foot of storage space behind the drawer,

anyone know where I can find something deeper than 22" that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg, I have searched high and low and aside from $1,000 for a custom build, can't find anything.

You must need a lot of shelves. I have worked in the cabinet industry before and there are many ways to get boxes made and various styles and finishes etc. I prefer the Blum slides and the undermount will be the best. Clearance on the sides is not very flexible with side mounts, get the specs before buying the boxes.

my highland ridge has a 13" wide x 33" deep pantry.

best slide out shelves I can find are 11" x 21" deep.

the 11" is fine as I need clearance either side for the tracks, But I really do not want to lose a foot of storage space behind the drawer,

anyone know where I can find something deeper than 22" that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg, I have searched high and low and aside from $1,000 for a custom build, can't find anything.
I am what they are now calling a maker! Pre built is always tough, that is why I build what I want. I too desire to use all my limited space. Indeed if we use all the available space we could not safely travel the road.

Got a picture of the pantry? It might help if you incorporate a yard stick in the picture.

You must need a lot of shelves. I have worked in the cabinet industry before and there are many ways to get boxes made and various styles and finishes etc. I prefer the Blum slides and the undermount will be the best. Clearance on the sides is not very flexible with side mounts, get the specs before buying the boxes.
thanks for the kink, they only make 28" deep units and they are $150 each. , still leaves 7" of wasted space,
I am what they are now calling a maker! Pre built is always tough, that is why I build what I want. I too desire to use all my limited space. Indeed if we use all the available space we could not safely travel the road.

Got a picture of the pantry? It might help if you incorporate a yard stick in the picture.
I would build them myself, but don't have the ability at the moment, all my tools are in storage, and I am living in the trailer on a relative's property after losing my home in a divorce.

here are some pix with measurements:
IMG_4141 2023-10-10 19_27_39.jpeg

IMG_4143 2023-10-10 19_27_40.jpeg

IMG_4144 2023-10-10 19_27_41.jpeg

talked to the contractor that did all the work on my home, he built all the slides in my pantry there, it seems to be cost prohibitive for me at this point. again he is talking close to $1000 for materials and labor.

3 of these will accomplish what I need, but I will lose about 14 inches of storage space at the rear of the cabinet. but it will only cost me about $200.

Amazon product ASIN B0C4LSG68J

I guess I will deal with it for now, perhaps I can store things back there I don't have much use for on the daily.

Quite some time ago I wanted to use that deep resource.

16969728633417788460405812081008.jpg

Some harbor freight tools casters, and vola deep drawers.
Build all shelves on a similar cart, and modify the hole, and save your money.

I wish I could help but as woodworker, with what I have to go on, I'd be pretty close to the price your contractor gave you. It's tough because everything has exploded in price over the past 3 years and the vast majority of folks haven't seen their discretionary funds keep pace (in many cases the polar opposite has occurred).

Latest resources

Back