Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tammy Ries

RVF Newbee
Hello, my name is Tammy and we are looking to buy our first travel trailer. I would be using the camper quite a bit for business for myself instead of staying in a hotel. We've looked at many, but it was suggested that I join a forum and get experts opinion. (thank you)

I would be hauling it myself. I would like a nice kitchen and a few conveniences. One concern is things breaking down while I'm on the road and would not be able to have it easily fixed.

What campers would you suggest and which ones would you stay away from?

Thanks again!

Welcome to RVF, @Tammy Ries; glad you found us. Lots of folks willing to share their knowledge and experience here. It would help if we had a bit more information. What do you plan to tow the trailer with? Since you use the term "we" in a couple of places in your post, how many people does the trailer need to accommodate? What is your preferred budget? Any special needs?

Having this information will help us point you in the right direction.

TJ

Hi @Tammy Ries ,

If what you see looks cheap that is likely how it is built. Things break and that is a part of life. Most people get tired of making up a sofa/ dinette bed every day, try to find one that has a bed.

Going small consider Casita, base camp, T@B. I would buy anyone of these if in the market. Not to many have great kitchens most don't have a dedicated bed.
Don't expect to buy a trailer and tow it with what you have unless you have considered GCVW before hand.

If you're looking for a tow behind camper look at the Winnebego Mini Winnie. You can pull it with an SUV or pickup truck. We liked it because it had a HUGE bathroom for a small camper with lots of storage for clothes too. Another nice feature was the TV would spin around in the wall and face the living room or the bedroom either one. Kinda cool. Good luck with your search!

Latest resources

Back