Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Who's doing Rallies or Caravans this year (2021)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Anyone signed up for RV Rallies or Caravans this year? As things are opening back up and events coming online again, what are your plans this year?

I guess I’ve never understood the attraction of rallies and caravans. We much prefer a smaller gathering of good friends. We had a chance to go to the upcoming FMCA rally in Gillette, Wyoming, this year and passed. Being crammed into a makeshift RV parking lot for the better part of a week just didn’t seem like fun.

TJ

Doing a few small rallys this year with two of the clubs we participate in. Usually only around 10 coaches so it is low key and relaxing at some nice New England destinations.

I've done a few rallies from the Newmar international, FMCA in Perry, GA, and iRV2 rally, and maybe one other. The iRV2 rally was an epic waste, maybe 2-3 vendors and I don't play card games. The FMCA rally was probably the best as well as meeting up with good friends there from the Newmar gang. The Newmar international was good if you're in the market otherwise the seminars were so-so, same ole stuff different rally. Getting warranty or service work done is another reason for a Newmar rally. Some are good if the destination is right, I signed up for FL Keys but the hurricane that year put the kabosh on it. The FMCA rally had great vendors, two separate buildings, great seminars, my favorite of all and I'd consider going to another one, maybe 5 years apart.

I did one caravan, my first big RV trip. It was the Passport America Rockies Tour. I highly highly highly recommend caravans. They are guided events of various durations, mine was 34 days. I saw so much and all the good spots are hit, great socials and events, well worth the price which can sting but it's worth it. I wish I could do 1 caravan a year but that hasn't panned out. There are some really great opportunities for seeing things if you want to get out of a rut of just going to the same ole places.

Rally’s can be very enjoyable. Especially ones that are well organized. We did Tampa and the Balloon Festival with Newmar KK. Both excellent rallies and met great folks, including Neal.

to the question, rally attendance, probably not this year. We have to take care of a family member this year. So we will be staying close to home.

I forgot that one! How could I??? Yes, that one was awesome and met great folks there/here as well! Newmar Kountry Klub rallies in general have been good events.

We are doing the Balloon Festival and CO rallye...plus some outings with our local group.

Safe travels

I’m the president of a local rv club that holds 3 rallies a year and we will attend those again this year. We have also attended a couple FMCA International rallies. We love the social atmosphere of the rallies. Looking forward to attending NKK rallies in the future and also more FMCA rallies.

We have an almost Three month trip planned, which I guess you could say, is our first "Big Adventure"! June, July, & parts of August!
Going to visit family in Va. Then a Newmar Rally in Luray Va. From there, off to Memphis Tn & meet up with the Newmar "Country to Castle" Caravan (our first ever). Take a couple day break, then head from Asheville NC to Lewisburg W. Va. for the "Newmar International" (again our first ever). From there, back to Va., to visit with family for a couple weeks; and then head South, back home to St. Augustine Fl.
Back to Va. in October, for the Newmar "Va. State Rally", a 50th & 55th Class Reunion, all rolled into a 10 day period.
A family "Thanksgiving Rally" in Venice, Fl.
And another first in November, a Newmar Rally in the "Keys"!
For us, a fun filled Summer & Fall of travel!
Exactly why we had our RV Port home built, here in St. Augustine.
And hopefully, more travel in the future!
You long time "RV" travelers have already had this experience; but it is still all new to us; even after three years of ownership!

We have done 3 NKK rally’s and enjoyed them all, Fiesta in the Keys, ABQ Balloon Fiesta and AZ State Rally. I’m not much on caravans as I want to set my own schedule. No future rally’s planed but will consider in future, probably with NKK.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back