Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I was reading @Neal post about rally’s and I have never been to one. I am curious what is the draw of a rally? Is it just social with fellow brand owners or merchandise you can buy etc.

There are multiple reasons, to me:
  1. If it's your brand rally such as a Newmar event, obviously meeting fellow brand owners, learning more about the brand, meeting your circle of friends with common interests
  2. Seminars: for someone new to RVing they are valuable as they offer courses some are paid events, some are just various lectures by fellow RVers you can learn from, and vendors will also give seminars, Cummins was one of the best one I've seen.
  3. The FMCA Rally and Quartzsite offer large vendor turnouts to buy RV goodies. This is where I learned of the Shade Pro Vista Shade for my awning making it from a worthless napkin over my head to a useful awning. I even talked @Chuggs into getting one which is not an easy feat!
  4. Warranty work: Newmar rallies typically bring techs to fix things under warranty first then first come first serve after and is very useful instead of going to Newmar factory
  5. Other repairs, various vendors such as awning companies can fix or add awnings and do other things like SeeLevel installations, ITR to service OASIS units, Blue Ox to service tow bars, Summit Stainless installs (if preordered), etc.
  6. Great deals - you can show discounts on coaches and RV accessories
  7. Meeting people such as we chat with on forums like this.
You can learn a lot from peers at events like this from coach, travel ideas, managing storage, installing LED lighting, the list is endless. There are a lot of tricks to the trade in RVing and being around others in events like this really help you learn more about the RV lifestyle.

@Neal...you can talk Chuggs into anything..it’s his wife that isn’t so easy to convince sometimes. I say sometimes...b/c their are a lot of Neal’s ideas on our coach..., Shade Pro Awning, Boogey Lights, Pepwave, RV65, WiFi Ranger (before Pepwave), Sonic pest devices, Electrical dump valves to name a few... Summit Stainless has been a tough nut to crack :)

If your wallet has any hope of surviving...RUN when you see a Neal post LOL

As for Rally attendance...we go for the company. We have always found great spirited folks to hang out with, share funny stories, maybe a few snacks and adult beverages. And have formed lifelong friendships. The other stuff is eye candy.

What Neal said "x2"!
And Chuggs comment is "right on" too!
Hopefully, after we get through this move, we will be able to attend more "Rally's", and more travel as well! A lot to see in this great big beautiful country of ours!

Latest resources

Back