Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
This item is something I learned about in another forum where someone had an issue with a passenger side vehicle. From that discussion I ordered one and installed it but have yet to use it while driving. It's easy to install as you just wet the glass and attach this plastic lens contraption. It seems like it will help with visibility but MIRRORS SET PROPERLY are the first line of defense. This should complement your visibility situation but we'll see how it works out. Anyone else that has used one feel free to let us know your experiences.

wide-angle-lens.pnglens-installed.JPG

Good advise Neal. On our last trip I almost tagged a car that was in my blind spot. Mirrors do not cover 100% the side of the coach.

I had one of those in a semi I drove 35 years ago. Between that and the other mirrors you could not walk on the right side without being seen.

Question.....Does that mirror create "distortion"? Looks like it would.
But, it may be a good idea.

Question.....Does that mirror create "distortion"? Looks like it would.
But, it may be a good idea.

Not that I've seen so far but I've only driven with it once and hard the darned thing installed backwards. I'll know Friday when I move to the next destination but it looks promising.

I got to test out this wide angle lens thing today and I DO NOT recommend it. It DOES NOT work and is a distraction as well. Your MIRRORS are what you need to rely on. I had someone in my blindspot and the lens add-on did not show them yet the mirrors did. I gained nothing from this thing. It has been removed and discarded.

Latest resources

Back