Canyon Star 3205
RV Length
Chassis
Workhorse w20
Engine
8.1 L Vortec
Fulltimer
No
Anyone stay at the Winchester Bay RV Resort in Winchester Bay OR ? We're going to Coburg for a windshield replacement and making a "vacation - trip" out of the experience. Looks like a decent place to spend a few days. Any insight out there ?

Anyone stay at the Winchester Bay RV Resort in Winchester Bay OR ? We're going to Coburg for a windshield replacement and making a "vacation - trip" out of the experience. Looks like a decent place to spend a few days. Any insight out there ?
We have stayed a couple of times, nice park. It can get a bit busy, and crowded in the summer with families there to ride dune buggies, as the nearby dunes are quite a draw. We have always stayed in spring or fall. Try to get a waterfront site. Judy D

Thanks...got waterfront site (drive in). I'll comment post stay and let you know how it was. Blessings

Please also comment on how your windshield job goes. Is that RV Glass Solutions?

I had an extremely good experience in November at Rv Glass in Coburg. Plugged into their 50 amp service in their parking lot the night before my appointment, brought in to service promptly the next morning. I was allowed to stay in my coach for two nights while the windshield was installed and the sealant dried. They had a very nice lounge to use if you wished to stay near your coach during the work day. The coach was plugged into 50 amps the entire time. Highly recommend.

Please also comment on how your windshield job goes. Is that RV Glass Solutions?
Yes Rich...after spending over a year of searching other alternatives, it became apparent that RV Glass Solutions were the real deal. When I initially contacted them I gave them the year, make and model and they said yup we have it. When I contacted other (highly recommended) installers, EVERYONE of them asked me to measure my windshield. That scared me. So we decided to wait until we could make a trip out of it. Thus far, I am impressed by their professionalism and joyfulness. We will take advantage of the overnight hook up as well. I'll let you know how it goes. Blessings

Excellent - thanks. I have an appointment in Napppanee for a windshield in November, but the weather uncertainties have me nervous about being there that time of year. And now we are talking about Alaska next summer, so I think I’ll cancel that appointment, enjoy my cracks a little longer, and try to get it replaced on our way back home through Oregon, probably with some new chips and cracks. I’m ”self insured” on RV glass and it’s really just aesthetic right now - noticable but the cracks are not in my field of view, yet.

I'm the same way (Self-insured and crack on passenger side / out of view) Just thought I needed to address it at some point. Now is as good a time as ever 😉 for us.

Excellent - thanks. I have an appointment in Napppanee for a windshield in November, but the weather uncertainties have me nervous about being there that time of year. And now we are talking about Alaska next summer, so I think I’ll cancel that appointment, enjoy my cracks a little longer, and try to get it replaced on our way back home through Oregon, probably with some new chips and cracks. I’m ”self insured” on RV glass and it’s really just aesthetic right now - noticable but the cracks are not in my field of view, yet.
Rv Glass Solutions book quite far out so I suggest making an appointment sooner rather than later.

Latest resources

Back