• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MiniVistaCruiserJack

RVF Regular
Hi everyone,

Trying to figure out why the windshield washer on my 2011 Vista Mini Cruiser doesn’t work. I’ve checked the fuses marked R2 and R4 but both fuses are actually in good condition. We’ve actually disassembled the washer unit and was able to connect a direct 12 volt current to the windshield washer motor and it works. What we’ve noticed is that the current coming out of the connector that goes into the motor is very erratic. When I push the windshield washer switch, it’s not a steady 12volt that comes out of the connector. It’s a short burst of 8 volts for less than a second then 4 volts for less than a second then it goes down to 0.2 volts. Might be something wrong with the motor controller? Just wanted to make sure I’m not missing any other fuses that could be related to the windshield washer motor.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
-Jons
IMG_2868.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2811.png
    IMG_2811.png
    884.5 KB · Views: 3
I just bought a 30 year old vehicle and many of the switches are acting like that. Particularly the headlight/wiper/blinker on the column. I believe it is corrosion from age and some use and maybe some DeOxit spray will clear it up. With a simple momentary contact switch you could bypass the old one and put a new one on the dash.

Thanks for the advice. That’s my thoughts also. Probably just connect a 12 volt power supply with a momentary switch straight into the windshield washer motor. Taking this to the dealer would surely cost a couple of hundred bucks to fix.

This place has a lot of options.

Latest resources

Back