Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Winegard Inmotion has 5 year Service Life.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Gizmo

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Rubicon
My $1699.00 Inmoition satellite needed repair so I called Winegard to schedule a repair. They asked how old the unit was and I said it was put into service on the coach in Sept 2016. They said they needed the serial number that is on the bottom of the unit and would need to remove it and it's only two nuts to remove to disconnect from the roof. I found it wasn't two nuts but 6 nuts and the serial number isn't on the bottom but on the inside. I fill out two pages of information and returned it to Winegard and within a few minutes, they said that they don't repair $1699.00 Inmotion because it's over 5 years old which basically gives the unit 5-year service life.

I guess I can put $1699.00 Inmotion in the same box as the junk box that my Winegard Aspen resides in.

Last edited:
Our camping neighbor has a unit on top of his Newmar, not what you have but the auto Wingard dish set up. He just had to replace the cable in the head again. I only got 2 years out of my last head cable. I'm starting to think Wingard isn't what they used to be.

My $1699.00 Inmoition satellite needed repair so I called Winegard to schedule a repair. They asked how old the unit was and I said it was put into service on the coach in Sept 2016. They said they needed the serial number that is on the bottom of the unit and would need to remove it and it's only two nuts to remove to disconnect from the roof. I found it wasn't two nuts but 6 nuts and the serial number isn't on the bottom but on the inside. I fill out two pages of information and returned it to Winegard and within a few minutes, they said that they don't repair $1699.00 Inmotion because it's over 5 years old which basically gives the unit 5-year service life.

I guess I can put $1699.00 Inmotion in the same box as the jumk box that my Winegard Aspen resides in.
That comes to about a dollar a day, whether you use it or not!

Latest resources

Back