Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

chiaradia

RVF Regular
Heya! I am planning a trip to Yosemite with my family next winter... Unfortunately that's what my vacation with my family allow us to do... so, let's do our best with it! I'll need to rent a RV and would like to gather as much information as possible to have a great time with my 2 little daughters (now with 6 and 5 year old) and wife!

I am not in that area, but I would first look to see if there are any RV camping/parks/resorts in that area open year round. Many if it gets too cold will close for the winter.

There are RV parks outside of Yosemite NP that are open year-round. There are 3 campgrounds within the park itself that I believe are open in the winter, but they will have no hook-ups (water/electric/sewer). Check the link below for some basic information.

For accommodations inside and outside the park, check the link below.

TJ

The road going into and out of Yosemite is nothing but switch backs and one side is deep drop off . any type of ice or snow it is a no go for an RV. If you get in you might not get out.

There are RV parks outside of Yosemite NP that are open year-round. There are 3 campgrounds within the park itself that I believe are open in the winter, but they will have no hook-ups (water/electric/sewer). Check the link below for some basic information.

For accommodations inside and outside the park, check the link below.

TJ
Nice! Thank you!

Grizzely Rv Park in West Yellowstone would be a good choice

We have reservations for Grizzly first week of June, ?. Know it’s not Yosemite but hopefully no snow.

Latest resources

Back