Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

azsmitty

RVF Newbee
First time winterizing 2008 Monaco Diplomat using RV Anti-Freeze. I followed the instructions in the Owner's Manual. When I couldn't get the water pump to pump the antifreeze out of the bottle into the system I double checked the manual and I followed the instructions correctly. Still won't pump antifreeze into the system. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

First time winterizing 2008 Monaco Diplomat using RV Anti-Freeze. I followed the instructions in the Owner's Manual. When I couldn't get the water pump to pump the antifreeze out of the bottle into the system I double checked the manual and I followed the instructions correctly. Still won't pump antifreeze into the system. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks
Is the pump actually working? If it is, I suggest Priming the pump. If you can you get the antifreeze jug higher than the pump it may help as well. Once the pump makes contact with the antifreeze it should be easy going then.

Darrell

Have you considered using a small air compressor to blow the water lines out? Fittings are available to plug compressor into your city water intake. Open kitchen, bathroom and inside/outside shower taps, including toilet and let it go. Drain water heater and fresh holding tank as normal. When finished, put the pink stuff in all the P traps and some in grey/black tanks; it protects the blades from freezing. If you have a washer/dryer, follow mfr instructions to winterize.

Thanks
We do not pump antifreeze into our rig. I use air pressure to completely blow out the lines make sure you empty holding tanks and water tank and water heater as well. I also disconnect line to water pump. Disconnect water lines to fridge. Add anti freeze to traps in the bathroom shower and kitchen. Add some to the toilet bowl.

Latest resources

Back