Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dixiemountaineer

RVF Regular
If this sounds stupid, by all means please tell me. :unsure: Dad always told us while growing up that the dumb question is the one you don't ask so here goes.....Aside from the cost of so much antifreeze, could one fill the freshwater tank (mostly) and then pump through to all faucets and drains, p traps, etc., thus filling all of the lines? The water heater would be bypassed and drained so that it wouldn't fill up with 6 gallons of antifreeze. Crazy as this sounds, I think it would work and would drop some into the grey and black water tanks as well. Has anyone ever contemplated or actually done it this way?

I know the correct way to do this using both air and/or pumping antifreeze in from the jugs and am prepared to do so. This crazy idea just popped in my head from lack of caffeine this morning. ;)

Sure, you can do it that way, but I see no benefit in doing so. Aside from the cost of the antifreeze, you are going to have a tough time getting that flavor out of your tank. You will put some AF in your gray and black tanks by default when you run the AF through your faucets and toilet.

Tip: Pour the AF out of the jugs into a 5 gal bucket rather than feeding jug after jug into the system.

Well, after re-visiting my owners manual, that is a method that is explained as an option so the manufacturer beat me to it. :giggle: It says to use 6-8 gallons in the freshwater tank and pump it through. Drain water heater, take out the water filter and pump away. Easy peezy according to my owners manual. My lesson learned is that I need to pay closer attention to instructions next time. :rolleyes:

Any tips to get that flavor out of the tank when it comes time to de-winterize? I would imagine an excessive amount of flush and fills at the least.

Latest resources

Back