Susan Thrasher

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Coachman
RV Model
21rs Freelander
Hello,
New member here. I purchased my Freelander so my sister and I can take my elderly parents on a few trips while they are still mobile enough to get around. It’s been a great summer. They want to travel and camp through Thanksgiving and Christmas to see family. I don’t plan to take the camper in for a full winterization at the shop since we will be using it through Christmas. I’ve never winterized a camper on my own. If I follow the steps below, will I be ok when the camper is sitting in between trips?
Drain water heater
Drain fresh water
Dump gray and black water tanks and then close
Pour two cups of antifreeze (pink stuff) down kitchen drain and shower and also into the toilet
Did I miss anything major? I don’t plan to blow air through the pipes. I wouldn’t know how to begin doing this.

When traveling and using the facilities we will have the heater on inside the coach. Hot water heater also so I’m not worried about the fresh water tank or hot water heater.
I worry about the gray and black water tanks which will have liquid in them while traveling. It’s the benefit of having the camper while traveling with the folks after all. If I pour a half gallon of antifreeze in the toilet and down the sink and shower drain, will that keep things from freezing while driving down the highway if temp is below freezing?

Thanks in advance.

Latest resources

Back