Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Sal

RVF Regular
I have a 2020 35’ Fleetwood Fortis. My intermittent wipers won’t work. The wipers work when I put them on continuous but when I click on the intermittent, nothing. Any ideas?

I would start by contacting Fleetwood and find out what Chassis/electronics package you have. You would either be looking at a new wiper switch or governor by the description. Without testing you would just be guessing though. Knowing the Make of your wiper system would help in finding parts. A lot of RV parts outlets are not real complete in this category. Finding something at a parts store would be easier if you knew the make of the system.

I'm not sure how your intermittents work (or should work). I figured it out by accident on ours.
They flap once when I set to intermittent, and then nothing...until I hit the 'swipe' button again.... and that 'teaches it', or sets the interval. I hope this makes sense. Maybe that's what you're experiencing-it could be waiting for you to teach it.
I love this feature, and wish my car did the same - I can set LONG intervals.
(I hope I described this correctly because we rarely need to use the intermittents, and I can't exactly remember how it's done, but it comes back to me when we need it. We did use this feature in Oregon last fall - drizzly going through some hills there).

I would start by contacting Fleetwood and find out what Chassis/electronics package you have. You would either be looking at a new wiper switch or governor by the description. Without testing you would just be guessing though. Knowing the Make of your wiper system would help in finding parts. A lot of RV parts outlets are not real complete in this category. Finding something at a parts store would be easier if you knew the make of the system.
Thanks. I spoke to Fleetwood and they suggested I call Ford

I'm not sure how your intermittents work (or should work). I figured it out by accident on ours.
They flap once when I set to intermittent, and then nothing...until I hit the 'swipe' button again.... and that 'teaches it', or sets the interval. I hope this makes sense. Maybe that's what you're experiencing-it could be waiting for you to teach it.
I love this feature, and wish my car did the same - I can set LONG intervals.
(I hope I described this correctly because we rarely need to use the intermittents, and I can't exactly remember how it's done, but it comes back to me when we need it. We did use this feature in Oregon last fall - drizzly going through some hills there).
That’s interesting. Thanks

Latest resources

Back