RV Year
RV Make
Gulfstream Kingsport Ultralite
RV Model
199RK
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Hello again, I am completing all the finishing touches to get ready for some trips later this year and I decided to add some cameras on the back of my Travel Trailer to make backing in easier (figured I could also use them while driving to better gauge the distance of cars when needing to change lanes). I didn't want to spend much and found a reverse camera system on sale that came with two cameras so I figured I would give it a try (currently its not on sale, but it is still reasonably priced for $129.00).

RV Backup Camera Wireless HD 1080P 2 Infrared Night Vision Bluetooth Rear View Cam 7‘’DVR Touch Key Monitor Kit Adapter for Furrion Pre-Wired RV Trailer Truck Camper Van Crane 4 Channels

Install was easy, I just removed the two light covers for the rear park lights on my travel trailer and used heat shrink butt connectors and spliced in the power chords for both camers (one on the left and one on the right). That way when I turn on my park lamps the cameras power up (I normally drive with my lights on while towing anyways as a precaution). The camera images look clear even when in night vision mode and it took about 45 minutes to install, including removal of lights, splicing connections, and re-caulking the lights, camera brackets and retaining screws. The kit comes with all your hardware, the only thing I had to get was some silicone caulking. I have to admit I was surprised at the big jagged gaping holes they made in the trailer to run the light wires through the paneling from the factory :eek:.

Screenshot 2023-04-02 8.35.22 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-02 8.39.39 PM.png

1680486247305.png
1680486303307.png
1680486345287.png

1680486386632.png
1680486490830.png

1680486547399.png

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back