Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question With Fuel approaching $4-5 range, talk of Climate Change lockdowns time to sell?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Joe Hogan

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4311
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Looking at this season of camping and all it’s issues, full campsites, unexpected state mandates, unrest in urban/suburban areas, and a strong RV market, is it time to sell the RV and take a break from camping for a couple of seasons?

and yes, in DC circles there is talk of Climate Change lockdowns. The talk is “look how beneficial the lockdowns were for the environment “.

I admit to being a contrarian in life and investing

I seriously doubt there would be any type of lockdown mandate to help the environment, at least not in our lifetime. If the pandemic proved anything it was that our economy can not survive total lockdowns, at least not for extended periods. I'm sure 2021 will be recorded as one of the best years we had as custodians of our environment, but what would be the trade off?

As far as the RV market goes, it might follow the housing market bubble. I suspect when, and if, the housing market bubble bursts that RV values will go in the tank also. Of course a year or two after that happens campsites will be much easier to come by when traveling.

I would rather slow down then turn a whole new leaf. I love my apartment on wheels. And my unicorn that pulls it. :-D But I don’t mind sitting still which I think is what we’ve kinda found ourselves doing. Parked the rig in a cheap full-timer park and just going on road trips to get out of the “house”.

Be careful what you wish for....I sold my coach in September of last year and I miss getting out there and traveling. I have been looking and its not a great time to buy used or new.

I seriously doubt there would be any type of lockdown mandate to help the environment, at least not in our lifetime. If the pandemic proved anything it was that our economy can not survive total lockdowns, at least not for extended periods. I'm sure 2021 will be recorded as one of the best years we had as custodians of our environment, but what would be the trade off?
Here an interesting article

Be careful what you wish for....I sold my coach in September of last year and I miss getting out there and traveling. I have been looking and its not a great time to buy used or new.
Life is short! As long as we are able, we will enjoy traveling in our coach three to four months a year. We would not be without it. I do not think the prices for new coaches will go down. You might not be able to deal as aggressively right now, but who knows what the MSRP will be next year. ? Judy

I agree with Kat, if fuel goes through the roof and CGs get full then just modify travel for awhile.

Sheridan and I were probably thinking along the same lines when we sold our coaches. The used prices were locked in pretty high in an unpredictable RV market. I'm sure he was happy with his selling price and I was comfortable with mine.

I'm still in the camp that believes in the next couple of years there will be excess RVs out there for sale and it will be a buyers market.

FL-JOE; Same thing we thing is going to happen. We'll use our Class C as a rental and buy an Class A

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back