Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Brauny

RVF Newbee
I have a class A Monaco Dynasty 2008. It won’t start & can’t be towed because chassis air bags will not blow up. I believe my Diesel fuel was stolen leaving the tank empty. I’ve had two mobile technicians out to help. After adding 20 gallons of Diesel both primed the fuel system. I decided to have the coach towed. Tow company said vehicle could not be towed because air bags are not inflated resulting in the front being low. Any suggestions how I can either start it or inflate the bags.

My Camelot has air connections you can access by opening the generator slideout.

One is used for the brakes when towing. I haven't tried the others but that could be what one of them is for.

I'd change the fuel filters first and make sure they're getting fuel. I have the 400isl. When mine wouldn't start and had to be towed it ended up being the lift pump connection to the ecm.
Mechanic got his hand in there and jiggled the wires and the lift pump started to hum.

I wish I had called a mobile guy after all the damage the idiot tow truck driver did to my Camelot. I'll insist on a lowboy if it ever needs to be towed again.

Get a tow company with a low boy trailer. Or call a tow company that has experience towing a motorhome. Doesn't sound like your tow guys are very knowledgeable or just didn't have the right equipment.

When diesel fuel injectors run dry, their fuel lines need to be loosened at each injector to purge out the air while cranking the engine. Once fuel emerges at each fuel injector line, retighten the fuel line to injector connector. Hopefully, this is what you mean by "priming" the system.

And never use the starting fluid / ether "explosion in a can" spray fluid on a diesel motor. Unlike its use in a gasoline motor, starting fluid ether detonates in a diesel engine and can damage piston rods.

Rick

I have a class A Monaco Dynasty 2008. It won’t start & can’t be towed because chassis air bags will not blow up. I believe my Diesel fuel was stolen leaving the tank empty. I’ve had two mobile technicians out to help. After adding 20 gallons of Diesel both primed the fuel system. I decided to have the coach towed. Tow company said vehicle could not be towed because air bags are not inflated resulting in the front being low. Any suggestions how I can either start it or inflate the bags.
Any good tow company should be able to inflate you air bags with them air line filling your air tanks.did they bleed the air out of fuel line near injectors. Same thing happened to friends Monaco . Two service guys primed system. No go i drained filters and opened fuel line to injectors just a hair had friend push prime button lots of air then fresh fuel closed line started on first clygood 🤞

Any good tow company should be able to inflate you air bags with them air line filling your air tanks.did they bleed the air out of fuel line near injectors. Same thing happened to friends Monaco . Two service guys primed system. No go i drained filters and opened fuel line to injectors just a hair had friend push prime button lots of air then fresh fuel closed line started on first clygood 🤞
As another suggested, you need to get towed by a very heavy truck towing company. They will need to air-up your coach thru the generator compartment air system inlet. That will pressurize the system, fill the bags and allow the parking brake to be released.
Additionally, the drive shaft MUST be removed or you'll kill the transmission.
The driveshaft on your coach is very short

Latest resources

Back