26P
RV Length
Chassis
GM
Engine
Workhorse 8.1
Fulltimer
No
I'm a tractor trailer driver cdl a license ( Dawn). Trying to retire driving, but will help put where needed. Husband Gary is retired. We started our first venture into workamping here in Colorado were we live. We are from the Northeastern part of Colorado and wanted to test the waters here in Colorado before venturing out of state to see how we would like it. We are currently in the Blue Mesa Reservoir area and it's been interesting to say the least. The weather has been great here. We are a workamping couple doing things like cleaning cabins, bathhouse, game room so far (Dawn) and Gary likes the outside work, trash pick up, landscaping, staining cabins, and more. They treat us fantastic and we are paid for 30 hours each week as a couple. We also get a site but pay for that in exchange for the work, but we walk away with money also so we have a little nest egg in case we need things. Free wifi offered, laundry allowance each week, firewood when we feel like a fire. They have 12 rv sites, many tenting options, storage area for your camper or boat or recreational vehicles. There are a few things I would love to see change though. One is a site closer to the office and where we work the most and closer to the wifi. Being down the hill with all the other campers we feel alienated. We are very friendly but feel like we are bothering people. Finding it hard to meet new friends. I'd rather enjoy more of the amenities closer to were we can access them easier. Just my preference really. Other than that we are enjoying ourselves. 😉 Ask any questions. I will always answer back. Happy Camping ya'll.

When not wirking, try taking walks around the campground. Someone will engage in conversation, sooner or later. This is easier if there are long stay people. I also found that some places are easier than others. You will get a feel for the different atmospheres as you move around.

I find generally, transient campers are often not there long enough to establish any kind of relationship. I always introduce myself to new neighbors, and see where it goes from there.

Latest resources

Back