Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Mark Francois

RVF Regular
Would this be too much weight for my 2015 F250 4x4 6.2 gas burner? I think it is pushing close to the limit with my 3.73 gears but I’m also afraid it’ll be a nightmare to pull. For its size on a single rear wheel truck.
2010 keystone laredo 216rl
  • Weights
  • Weight, As Shipped9,381 lbs.
  • Cargo Capacity2,619 lbs.
  • Hitch Weight Capacity1,785 lbs.
  • Dimensions

I want to say you would be fine. The truck is rated at 10,000 GVWR with a payload of 3,100 and a tow rating of 12,300#. That trailer will be 12,000 full loaded with an approximate pin weight of 2,400. You are going to be close, but doable. I pulled a similar sized 5th wheel for years with a 2002 Duramax 2500HD.

I want to say you would be fine. The truck is rated at 10,000 GVWR with a payload of 3,100 and a tow rating of 12,300#. That trailer will be 12,000 full loaded with an approximate pin weight of 2,400. You are going to be close, but doable. I pulled a similar sized 5th wheel for years with a 2002 Duramax 2500HD.
Thanks Bill, I get mixed up when it comes to weight/towing matters like that which is why I like to ask folks that know from experience before I head down the wrong path.

You will be close as Bill said, BUT you need to make sure you don't overload the rear axle of the truck. With that 2400 pounds you need to add the hitch weight along with passenger weight along with everything else you plan on putting in it. Yep, your truck will do it. I pulled a 14,000 pound fiver with a 2500 Ram with a diesel in it. The problem I had was at the end of the day I was wore right out trying to keep it in one lane with most side breezes. With the dually I have now no problem.

Would this be too much weight for my 2015 F250 4x4 6.2 gas burner? I think it is pushing close to the limit with my 3.73 gears but I’m also afraid it’ll be a nightmare to pull. For its size on a single rear wheel truck.
2010 keystone laredo 216rl
  • Weights
  • Weight, As Shipped9,381 lbs.
  • Cargo Capacity2,619 lbs.
  • Hitch Weight Capacity1,785 lbs.
  • Dimensions
I think you will be good. I added an extra spring on the rear to help stabilize. I had a 2009 Keystone Challenger behind a 2004 F250 diesel. I sold both last December. We went to a Coachmen Concord triple slide 31’. The fiver will pull better than a TT.

As long as you haven't added/changed your tires/rims and your tire ratings are close to factory for your truck I'm thinking it would be okay.

As long as you haven't added/changed your tires/rims and your tire ratings are close to factory for your truck I'm thinking it would be okay.My
Yeah my truck is bone stock. I havent changed a thing on it other than window tint and a battery lol

Just remember, adding spring leaves or air bags do not increase the manufacturer's cargo capacity ratings. I have done both and yes, they do help with the handling.

Latest resources

Back