Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
Just did a trial run of my new Yak Grill and I'm in love. Made Chicken Yakitori, Veggie Skewers followed by grilled peaches. Sooooo good. It was a group effort simmering the sauce, cutting the veggies and marinating, and the organic chicken thighs were so tender AND organic Georgia peaches....Heaven on Earth. Fun was had by all. So I had to share with my RVF friends.

I've always been intimidated by charcoal grills as I've never done it before, but Lawd I love to eat and I was watching the new Iron Chef and saw these grills and I knew I had to have one. It is so small. Even I can do it. As a solo RVer it is perfect in that it hardly takes up any space. Everything fits in a small bag. I think it's gonna be a hit at the next happy hour at my coach. 😊 I meant to take more photos but when it was ready we all dug in pretty fast so I managed only one. Happy Eats and Safe Travels.

A847A865-9ECE-4D6D-84DC-56C6EE2F4EFE.jpeg

Wow, those look delicious! I’ll be looking up that grill!

@ARD ... food looks great. You might need to post your "upcoming stops" just in-case any of us forum folks are in the area 😋

How easy is it to clean up after each use?

FLSteve :cool:

How easy is it to clean up after each use?
It was unbelievably easy. Even the charcoal bin area came out clean with a little Bar Keepers Friend, although I don't imagine I will be as meticulous with the charcoal bin in the future.

Round Two is tonight. I've been marinating chicken (yeah, I may have bought too many chicken thighs 😳) in Garlic Expressions which a friend recommended, so we shall see how it turns out. Also, going to use a different charcoal tonight. Last night I used the Thanan Binchotan-Style charcoal. Tonight, I'm using Jealous Devil lump charcoal.

So the next time I make Yakitori, I will do better. I should have watched the videos before grilling instead of after. Lol. At first I had the skewers right over the bricks, but it was too close to the heat so I used the grill grate....NOW, I know what those 2 long bars that came with my bundle are for. Nevertheless, they were delicious and soooo tender.

Looking forward to trying @ArmyOfSquirrels Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce. Did I mention I love this little grill? 😊

Thank you @ARD for sharing and spending my money. This grill works great and comes with a carry bag and all the components to make skewers or grilling your favorite foods. I like it particularly because it’s not a tank that I can lift by myself. Get a portable butane torch to light it makes it easy to get started if you use a chimney you already have or the one they sell.

Latest resources

Back