RV Length
43 ft
Chassis
Roadmaster RR10S
Engine
Cummins 400 ISL
TOW/TOAD
2010 Ext. Cab Silverado 4x4
I was just cruising through another forum and a gal said she just got her yearly service on her entegra and it was $4000.
Spartan chassis.
She said she used to take it to Spartan and it cost 5 grand there and it was always from 3 grand to 5 grand.

Can someone explain to me how it could cost that much?

That's high.... If I were to have a service center conduct every step on attached manual, I could see $2500-$3000. Add in extra for Aqua Hot/Entegra and generator service.

Attachments

• Freightliner Chassis Maintenance Manual_.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
That's high.... If I were to have a service center conduct every step on attached manual, I could see $2500-$3000. Add in extra for Aqua Hot/Entegra and generator service.
And that is just the chassis. Then add the house stuff.

Being an automotive tech for years gives me some insight on this. Several reasons.
1. Techs get paid for the job not hourly (most shops)
2. When work is slow, they will upsell the crap out of you. (somethings aren't even needed at the time)
3. Some shops give the techs "spiffs" on any upsold work. (beer money)
4. Labor rates are always going up. A lot of dealerships pay over 500,000 per year on Insurance.
5. Fluids are getting crazy expensive. I would guess half the cost is from regs.
Not that all shops are sketchy, but many if not most techs and managers are a little greedy.
I was always honest to my customers and often saved them money. Got me a lot of return business.
Saw a bunch of the shyster hacks and it would piss me off because I liked working in a shop with a good reputation.
I dunno, maybe I'm weird. I do all my own work and have never paid someone else to fix my vehicles.
Don't have to deal with any of it now though:p

Latest resources

Back