Dutch Star
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ram
Fulltimer
Yes
The temp sensor for zone one has always been inaccurate since it is mounted to an outside wall.
We have been in the 90s for the past 2 weeks. Zone one would not turn off since showed a higher temp, even when setting the temp in the upper 80s on the thermostat.
I tried adding insulation behind the sensor with little difference.
So I bought a small wooden box at a hobby store, painted it to match woodwork and filled the box with expanding foam. Drilled a small hole in the box, threaded the sensor wire through the hole. Added the original sensor cover and used removable nano double sided tape to mount the box to the wall.
Haven't seen the benefit yet since the temperatures have dropped to the upper 60s to low 70s today.
I'll update when the temps rise again in a couple days.

UPDATE:
Zone one is now shutting off as it should. Checked the temp of the wall behind the the thermistor and the temp at the thermistor. There is an 8 degree difference. Might not be perfect but a lot better.

Attachments

• 20210621_094541.jpg
    20210621_094541.jpg
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210621_094548.jpg
    20210621_094548.jpg
    768.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210621_100657.jpg
    20210621_100657.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Nice. The thermistors seem to suck to a massive degree! Newmar changed the location I'm guessing in 2017 to not be on exterior walls. They still suck!

Our 2020 DS they located thermistor on the valance but still to close to outside wall. Picture is location on valance by forward window of FWS, still has same issue.
5E1B49B1-98F3-4612-BB19-AE8D7438F4CC.jpeg

I’m suffering with the same problem. Managed to find the installation manual for the temperature probes. It states explicitly not to be installed on outside walls, and not higher than 52” (I think).
They sell separate sensor kits with wire installed, but running the wire from the roof and hiding it is something I’m not ready to do yet ?.

Latest resources

Back