Chassis
International
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
10,000 Tow / 4,500 cargo capacity
Fulltimer
No
We purchased a 2020 Nexus Wraith 33W in 2021. It had 20K miles on it at the time of purchase. I'm sharing our experiences hoping that it may help someone out, or avoid making the same mistakes I've made.

We've put 15K miles on it since and have generally been happy with it. We knew at the time of purchase that we were buying an entry level Super C. We expected to make repairs and updates. Our test drive was my wife's first time riding in a truck chassis that heavy with a mechanical suspension system. LOL! it was loud and extremely rough, she had some concerns to say the least. I planned on getting a Liquid Spring suspension system installed so I wasn't that concerned about the rough ride. We've since had that very expensive upgrade done and all I can say is WOW! what a difference. Every aspect of the suspension is improved beyond expectation. I recommend you consider the suspension upgrade if they have a system that fits your rig.

Most of the troubles we've had I attribute to the stock suspension beating the hell out of everything in our rig. We had fitting leaks, our toiled valves broke, our shower leaked, the refrigerator broke one of the support boards holding it in. We've fixed most of the issues and those problems haven't came back with the exception of our shower. The radius base leaks despite my efforts. I've removed the original caulk and replaced it with new caulking. I think I'm going to take the radius shower frame completely out, clean it and put it back in with new caulking. I'm not sure what else to do.

We've also got some paint chipping around the storage bins. I'm not sure how to repair the chipping yet. Just repainting will likely result in just more chipping in the future. It's primarily just the trim ring lining the opening. I was thinking about getting a color matched tough coat like what used in truck beds, like Line-X or something. I'd love to hear from other's who've had success repairing the paint chipping.

I'm happy to explain any repairs I've made to include successes and failures. There are several, too many to list for sure.

Have to agree with the Liquid Springs. We had it installed on our Forester and they did make a huge difference in the overall ride and handling.

I would recommend also.

Have to agree with the Liquid Springs. We had it installed on our Forester and they did make a huge difference in the overall ride and handling.

I would recommend also.
I'd never rode in a vehicle with LS prior to getting it installed in our rig. I only knew what I read and researched about it. I was still a little skeptical, so I got a bid from a friend who has a Commercial Truck business to install an air ride suspension. He recommended I go with the LS system. That's kind of what sealed my decision. I've driven rigs on air ride systems and I think LS is much better. I've heard very high end RVs like Prevost has a better ride. But you're paying significantly more for something like that.

We purchased a 2020 Nexus Wraith 33W in 2021. It had 20K miles on it at the time of purchase. I'm sharing our experiences hoping that it may help someone out, or avoid making the same mistakes I've made.

We've put 15K miles on it since and have generally been happy with it. We knew at the time of purchase that we were buying an entry level Super C. We expected to make repairs and updates. Our test drive was my wife's first time riding in a truck chassis that heavy with a mechanical suspension system. LOL! it was loud and extremely rough, she had some concerns to say the least. I planned on getting a Liquid Spring suspension system installed so I wasn't that concerned about the rough ride. We've since had that very expensive upgrade done and all I can say is WOW! what a difference. Every aspect of the suspension is improved beyond expectation. I recommend you consider the suspension upgrade if they have a system that fits your rig.

Most of the troubles we've had I attribute to the stock suspension beating the hell out of everything in our rig. We had fitting leaks, our toiled valves broke, our shower leaked, the refrigerator broke one of the support boards holding it in. We've fixed most of the issues and those problems haven't came back with the exception of our shower. The radius base leaks despite my efforts. I've removed the original caulk and replaced it with new caulking. I think I'm going to take the radius shower frame completely out, clean it and put it back in with new caulking. I'm not sure what else to do.

We've also got some paint chipping around the storage bins. I'm not sure how to repair the chipping yet. Just repainting will likely result in just more chipping in the future. It's primarily just the trim ring lining the opening. I was thinking about getting a color matched tough coat like what used in truck beds, like Line-X or something. I'd love to hear from other's who've had success repairing the paint chipping.

I'm happy to explain any repairs I've made to include successes and failures. There are several, too many to list for sure.

Considering a Ghost.
Did the wraith have air suspension prior to LS installation?
Tim

Hi Gunny, Can you tell me where you had your Liquid Spring suspension system installed? We have a 2022 Nexus Triump and 3 trips from Ohio to Colorado on Interstate 80 thru Illinois have "beat the hell" out of everything in the unit. You name it we have tightened or replaced it. I have heard good things about the LS's.

With the LS in the rear suspension, have you done anything to the front suspension that helps the ride at that end? There are air ride suspensions made (by Hendicks I believe). Just trying to prepare if I can find a Ghost.
Thx for posting the above.

Tcrossan

Hi Gunny, Can you tell me where you had your Liquid Spring suspension system installed? We have a 2022 Nexus Triump and 3 trips from Ohio to Colorado on Interstate 80 thru Illinois have "beat the hell" out of everything in the unit. You name it we have tightened or replaced it. I have heard good things about the LS's.
If you are in Ohio already I’d recommend the factory in Indiana for the install.

There are other installers around but not a bunch that install on RVs.

We had a great experience with the install at the factory.

We had it installed at the LS Plant in Indiana.

Latest resources

Back