Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Unknown green wire under hood. Has been cut. Anyone know what it’s for ?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ltlitt

RVF Newbee
IMG_8609.jpeg

yup - that or a vacuum line, not a wire.

Green is typically a ground wire. Does it look like they used to be connected to each other? If so, probably splice them back together. If not, search around for where they used to connect

Its hollow - tubung, not wire. Looks like rodent damage. Simple fix - double barbed vacuum line fittin.

Where do you get barb fittings?
ok a piece of vacuum line or similar slip-over connector with an ID equal to the OD of the green line, or something like that- anyway it can be fixed. Any auto parts store will have vac line fittins.

Last edited:
Kind of looks like a Ford there. If so then green is usually the vacuum line to the EGR or one to the heater/AC controls in the dash. It's usually white one that degrades from being old so look for the white one for damage also. I usually repair these by trimming back the degraded sections and slipping a length of vacuum line over each end. Don't use "windshield washer" tubing, it will degrade over time too. I can't say exactly what size, sorry. I usually have some around and just try until I get a fit. That said, make sure what you get fits snugly. I wouldn't be above snipping off a bit and taking it to a parts store with an explanation. (Extra tip, the "first shift" parts people tend to be better at handling odd requests.)

Latest resources

Back