Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Unknown green wire under hood. Has been cut. Anyone know what it’s for ?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I just didn't want anyone looking for a barbed fitting for this job. Rich got it and corrected it.
yes it would be a very small barbed fittin indeed and probably not readily available. That’s about the smallest vac line used, and I agree with GypsyR that its probably heat/air control related. The point was, this is vac line easily repaired. The OP also is a first time poster who hasn’t returned for five days so we are probably just discussing this amongst ourselves.

well there is that…

You might try to place a piece of hose over the two lines to gain a seal. Go to Minute 2:30 on this video to see what I am suggesting

Last edited:
I typically have good luck with vacuum lines, until I don't!!!

Usually for me they start breaking with only a little persuasion. That means constantly fixing, or replacing.

I like the one and done, so I buy aluminum or copper tubing and replace it all!!!

I was thinking shrink wrap applied properly might offer a good solution. If the Lt ever checks back in he’ll have all kinds of options.

I was thinking shrink wrap applied properly might offer a good solution. If the Lt ever checks back in he’ll have all kinds of options.
A Marine grade wire terminal shrink connectors. They have heat activated sealant which is waterproof and should make a good seal.. That sounds like a good idea.

Of course the best solution is to replace the line with a more durable material as suggested by Pem.

"Of course the best solution is to replace the line with a more durable material". Yes, ideally. Unfortunately these lines, especially the HVAC ones, tend to wind around in the conduit covering wire harnesses making full replacement very much not worth the effort. In our original poster's picture we can see one end going into said conduit and the other disappearing into the firewall. Probably doesn't merit full replacement in this particular case. But if you wanted to replace and upgrade it I've used silicone vacuum line with good success. If I recall correctly "4mm" is the size of the roll I bought and have been using for years. (It also works OK, but not great, for IDI diesel injector fuel return lines.)

Latest resources

Back