Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

d34k

RVF Newbee
Hi all! Brand new to the rv world and going full time at the end of the month (Sept) with my wife. We are in the process of getting set up and moved in and Ive noticed my brand new battery dies after just 2 days with nothing(that I am aware of any way) on. It has the integrated carbon monoxcide/ propane leak detector and the stereo are the only things that I know are drawing power but i am surprised at how fast there battery dies still. waiting on a battery disconnect switch but while I was messing around I threw a multi meter on it and there is a 12V draw coming from somewhere. Any help locating the source of the draw and any help locating info on the general wiring scheme would GREATLY appreciated

Welcome to RVF. I suggest testing the battery, it sounds defective. If new, hopefully it's under warranty, otherwise time to replace is possible.

Welcome to RVF. I suggest testing the battery, it sounds defective. If new, hopefully it's under warranty, otherwise time to replace is possible.
Thanks for the welcome! I dont believe its the battery. I have tested it with multi meter and it charges and holds enough charge to run lights and small stuff for a couple days if i charge it via shore power. however the alternator on my truck cant charge it faster than it is depleted by the phantom draw. Im wondering if it is the tv signal booster, carb. monoxide/LP detector and smoke detector?

Im researching the best practice for mapping the DC side of the breaker. The AC is labeled but DC isnt at all except for fuse requirements. I want to delete the booster regardless as we have no use for it

Remove each fuse and check for a draw, then you will at least know the circuit that is the offender.

Latest resources

Back