RV Length
43'
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450HP
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Unlimited Sport S w/ Air Force One and Blue Ox
I have a 2015 DSDP 4312 and since I got it the front door doesn't stay open. It tends to close on people all the time and the screen door screen track having sharp edges it's caught a few people. Looking at the top bracket mechanism I'm guessing something is missing or broken but not sure where to start to repair this as I don't even know what it's supposed to look like when it works.

Any advice?

Attach a picture of the arm at the top of the door, it sounds like it's broken.

Attach a picture of the arm at the top of the door, it sounds like it's broken.
1661531596289.png

Marc, is the door fully open in that pic? The reason I ask is that round knob should be fully seated in the cutout.

If you do need to change the arm, PTL is very good to deal with and reasonably priced. The mechanism is an easy changeout.

Marc, is the door fully open in that pic? The reason I ask is that round knob should be fully seated in the cutout.
No it’s not but with the lighting you couldn’t see anything when it’s fully open. When I fully open it it goes in the cutout but there nothing there to prevent it from just sliding back out

No it’s not but with the lighting you couldn’t see anything when it’s fully open. When I fully open it it goes in the cutout but there nothing there to prevent it from just sliding back out

In that case, I’d say it is simply worn out. Thanks for the response.

I have a 2015 DSDP 4312 and since I got it the front door doesn't stay open. It tends to close on people all the time and the screen door screen track having sharp edges it's caught a few people. Looking at the top bracket mechanism I'm guessing something is missing or broken but not sure where to start to repair this as I don't even know what it's supposed to look like when it works.

Any advice?
I would order a new one from PTL. Much more from Newmar. In the mean time, wrap the round pin with electrical tape which should provide enough resistance to keep the door open.

Latest resources

Back