• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Problem 1995 Fleetwood no start/power

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Your thought process about a possible fusible link is down the right path. There must be another wire or 2 coming off the positive post of the battery. It (they) could be directly at the post clamp of the battery, or they could be attached at the other end of the battery cable going to the solenoid, bolted onto the solenoid along with the battery cable. It is that wire(s) that needs to be tracked down. Somehow, 12 volts must come out of the battery and get to the circuitry feeding everything else, like the fuse box.

In past years a fusible link is not very prominent. It only appears as a cylindrical object about 1/2 to 3/4" in diameter and about 1 or 1-1/2" long, in-line with a wire of about 12 gauge in size. Typically, they are quite close to the battery post. This knowledge comes from the auto industry. What the RV makers do is nearly impossible to guess. Tracing or following the wiring is the only way to find out, with a voltmeter or test light in hand.

Your thought process about a possible fusible link is down the right path. There must be another wire or 2 coming off the positive post of the battery. It (they) could be directly at the post clamp of the battery, or they could be attached at the other end of the battery cable going to the solenoid, bolted onto the solenoid along with the battery cable. It is that wire(s) that needs to be tracked down. Somehow, 12 volts must come out of the battery and get to the circuitry feeding everything else, like the fuse box.

In past years a fusible link is not very prominent. It only appears as a cylindrical object about 1/2 to 3/4" in diameter and about 1 or 1-1/2" long, in-line with a wire of about 12 gauge in size. Typically, they are quite close to the battery post. This knowledge comes from the auto industry. What the RV makers do is nearly impossible to guess. Tracing or following the wiring is the only way to find out, with a voltmeter or test light in hand.
I'm thinking that the positive wire for fuse box goes to the solenoid. Have power to solenoid so everything is good from battery to solenoid. Not getting power from there to fuse box so there has to be something in that wire

Told you I just woke up. If you turn the key and the dash does not light up with anything look for a fusible link. If the dash lights up there is power to the key. The chassis provided to the RV company is from the auto industry and yes the same applies to your RV. like @"EZ" stated above if the solenoid has power to one side you should be able to use a cable or anything metal to jumper to the other side of the solenoid and have the starter crank. You are just bypassing the solenoid. If still no crank the starter is likely the problem.

I'm thinking that the positive wire for fuse box goes to the solenoid. Have power to solenoid so everything is good from battery to solenoid. Not getting power from there to fuse box so there has to be something in that wire
The power to the fuse block comes from the battery, not the solenoid.

I have only 2 heavy battery cables coming from the battery. Wire to power fuse box is a heavy gauge but not even close to battery cable size

I have only 2 heavy battery cables coming from the battery. Wire to power fuse box is a heavy gauge but not even close to battery cable size
Yah! about a 10AWG. that goes to the fuse block or alt. the other goes to the starter circuit.

most likely the 10 is split someplace or to a terminal post/fuse.

That wire should have something like a fusible link right where it hooks to power. IF it does, see if the wire stretches. Stretch = bad, no stretch = good.

Latest resources

Back