• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question 2 Part Question—One on Freightliner 2nd on Ventana

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Jim, just want to thank you-what ever magic you did with the webmaster worked! We have both spec sheets now and thanks to you and that, Keith, DH, really wants a DS. ???
Glad it worked out. No "magic" on this end. Most websites have a link to report issues. I just found and used that link. As I mentioned previously, sometimes links get broken when websites get updated, or Freightliner may have been in the process of an update at the time and got the site back up when they were finished. Either way, I'm happy you got the information you and your husband needed.

The Dutch Star is a great coach and I'm sure you will be pleased with one, regardless of whether it is on a Freightliner or Spartan chassis. Great choice either way.

TJ aka JIm

You’re the best! Can’t wait til we’re out west and we can hook up with you and LadyDi as we travel!

During the late spring, summer and early fall, you'll probably find us at our RV lot in Polson, Montana, or traveling somewhere in the West. One-in-a-while, we get East of the Mississippi, but mostly stay out West.

Would love to run into you folks somewhere in that new Dutch Star.

TJ

You asked about the table with chairs with the “kinda, sorta desk” which is an accurate description.

We had that on our 17 DS 4018 and we have ordered the same for our 2020 DS 4081.

The desk part is fine. You get a keyboard drawer to pull out and there is a hole in the back corner to run wires from the cabinet below.

Of course it doesn’t have much in the way of knee space like you would have with a regular desk. Also, the accommodation for the printer has some issues. We use an HP laser jet and the only way that will fit in the cabinet is to remove the shelf and set it on the floor of the cabinet. You might get a smaller inkjet to fit on that shelf, but it will be tight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deaton, thank you for that description. We have a massive printer that needs to be retired. Very helpful to know where to put things. Keith, DH, wants to work while gazing out the window. I think that's possible with that set up.

My Suggestion, if you are looking at the 43' Ventana, do yourself a favor and move up to the DS. You get more for the money, and more HP to boot I think. Give that some thought. A 43' MH is a bear to get into lots of parks, forget about national and state parks, it's too long to move around some roads on the inside. We just stayed at a place called Noccalula Falls Park and Campground City Park in Gadsden, AL. I have the 3407 Ventana, the lady said to take off the toad (Jeep Wrangler Unlimited), but no, I could drive it around the park without doing that, even was able to get out of there. I stayed there before in my 40' MH, and I had to take it off to get around the park, and still detached, I had to backup a few times to get around some corners. Yes the space is nice, the second bath might be nice, the hassle of detaching toad, and almost scrapping trees, etc. is not so nice. It's your money, so you spend it like you want, but at least consider trying to stay shorter and at least look at the DS. I got no skin in this game.

Latest resources

Back