Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Luckster

RVF Newbee
V 10 gas engine on Ford chassis. Looking for fuse panel that has step fuses. Manual says it’s in a roadside compartment but I can’t find any panel there. I figured that’s the first thing to check. Thanks anyone!

Sorry, I don't have a gas RV and mines not on a Ford chassis. However, you MIGHT get lucky and find that one of the wires vibrated loose in the rocker switch for the steps. I'd check there first. Then go under the steps and check the wiring there too. Maybe you'll get lucky. If not I hope someone with your type of Holiday Rambler comes along with an answer for you. Good luck!

V 10 gas engine on Ford chassis. Looking for fuse panel that has step fuses. Manual says it’s in a roadside compartment but I can’t find any panel there. I figured that’s the first thing to check. Thanks anyone!
Try knocking step motor with light hammer taps. Also lube all pivots with spray lube. Might be frozen. I eventually replaced steps. WAS relatively easy job. Plug and play. HAD to drill some extra holes in new steps to match old bolt pattern.

We have a 2019 HR Vacationer 35K. Our steps went out while we were on a trip. Drove home with the steps down and that we interesting. Googled the Kwikee steps online. Went to a local dealer I know and bought a new motor. It was not that difficult to replace (watch the video and take a picture before starting). Its either the motor or the electronic box underneath that drives the thing. New motor fixed mine and has been good ever since.
Ken

We have a 2019 HR Vacationer 35K. Our steps went out while we were on a trip. Drove home with the steps down and that we interesting. Googled the Kwikee steps online. Went to a local dealer I know and bought a new motor. It was not that difficult to replace (watch the video and take a picture before starting). Its either the motor or the electronic box underneath that drives the thing. New motor fixed mine and has been good ever since.
Ken
Mine are stuck in the up and locked position. Do you know is there a manual release? Thanks

Mine did not release until the motor was removed. It was like the motor was actually locked up. Just a safety tip, if you take the motor out when the steps are up, stay out of the way. They will unfold lightning fast and they are heavy.
Ken

Mine did not release until the motor was removed. It was like the motor was actually locked up. Just a safety tip, if you take the motor out when the steps are up, stay out of the way. They will unfold lightning fast and they are heavy.
Ken
There is no room to get in there! Damn. You wouldn’t know where the fuse panel is for the steps? It says in the manual that there’s 3 fuses for the steps and the panel is in a roadside compartment but I can’t find it.

There is no room to get in there! Damn. You wouldn’t know where the fuse panel is for the steps? It says in the manual that there’s 3 fuses for the steps and the panel is in a roadside compartment but I can’t find it.
Just turn off stair switch. Should be fuse under dash with other coach fuses.

I believe there was an inline fuse in the motor wires as well. I did not have a fuse problem.
IMG_6503.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

I checked my fuses and they seemed fine.
Thank you,
Ken

Latest resources

Back