Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Fiberarm

RVF Newbee
I have a hot water problem. Turn on the hot water, nothing comes out. Everything else is working, propane heats up and hot water is created. I open up the P-T valve on the outside of the motorhome and hot water comes out so I know its creating hot water.
If I turn the valve in front of the hot water tank(Inside the motorhome under the Queen bed in back) I can get water to come out of all the faucets both hot and cold sides, but it is cold. I think that valve is the water heater by-pass valve. So when the by-pass valve is in normal flow position I don't get any water out of the hot water faucet. When it is in the by-pass mode I get water to flow out of the hot and cold, but its cold coming out of the hot water side.

I have a hot water problem. Turn on the hot water, nothing comes out. Everything else is working, propane heats up and hot water is created. I open up the P-T valve on the outside of the motorhome and hot water comes out so I know its creating hot water.
If I turn the valve in front of the hot water tank(Inside the motorhome under the Queen bed in back) I can get water to come out of all the faucets both hot and cold sides, but it is cold. I think that valve is the water heater by-pass valve. So when the by-pass valve is in normal flow position I don't get any water out of the hot water faucet. When it is in the by-pass mode I get water to flow out of the hot and cold, but its cold coming out of the hot water side.
I had the same problem a couple of years ago in our 2011 Vista. It was driving me nuts because I knew al lthe valves were open in the right places. I was close to a Camping World in Oregon (I know they aren't the most reliable or the best) but in my case they did well. There was a check valve behind the water heater that was stuck. A quick fix and a kudos for them, I was back on hte road in a couple of hours. I have since looked for said check valve since and have not found it. I know they did not remove the hot water heater. I suspect they removed panels under the galley sink for access. If you can get access to your heater have a look.

Darrell

Spot on Darrell!! I did some research based on on your comment and ended up replacing the check valve. Pain in the arse to get everthing to seal up but in the end that was the problem -- Got it replaced and everything works great -- Much appreciated for you insight! -- Thanks!

Latest resources

Back