Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

davenval

RVF Newbee
Hello! We are new here to the forum. We are the proud owners of a fairly new to us, 2004 36S Fleetwood Bounder. The main slide is not working. We checked the slide motor and it works, however, there is no power going to it. The back slide works fine. Wondering if anyone here could help me with some possible options and solutions for figuring out the issue? Anyone else have this same issue? Thank you in advance!

If you put 12v to the motor directly and it works that eliminates the motor as the problem. From there you need to check the wires going from the motor to the power source to make sure a varmint hasn't eaten through the wire. You'll need a ohm meter to do this OR you can physically inspect every inch of the wires. If the wires are intact, then I'd look at the switch to see if it has gone bad. Maybe wire in a temporary switch to see if that solves the issue? Of course I'm assuming that you've already checked the fuses and breakers first?

If you put 12v to the motor directly and it works that eliminates the motor as the problem. From there you need to check the wires going from the motor to the power source to make sure a varmint hasn't eaten through the wire. You'll need a ohm meter to do this OR you can physically inspect every inch of the wires. If the wires are intact, then I'd look at the switch to see if it has gone bad. Maybe wire in a temporary switch to see if that solves the issue? Of course I'm assuming that you've already checked the fuses and breakers first?
Yes, the motor works. I put power to it and it will move the slide. Seems no power to the motor. Also, I ended up jumping to the switch. I can get the back slide to work, however, there is nothing with the front slide (no sound or movement). No signs of varmints so that's good.

Yes, the motor works. I put power to it and it will move the slide. Seems no power to the motor. Also, I ended up jumping to the switch. I can get the back slide to work, however, there is nothing with the front slide (no sound or movement). No signs of varmints so that's good.
Let us know what you find!

Latest resources

Back