Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

sallyntn

RVF Newbee
I need to replace the original Panasonic "Toast and Bake" microwave in my 2005 Chevy Popular 210. I was advised by the previous owner that it is anchored, by screws to the top of the refrigerator. If that is true that means pulling the fridge out into the hallway in order to disconnect the old microwave unit and install a replacement. Has anyone done this? I do know that that old Toast and Bake is no longer available (darn!).

How difficult is it to pull the fridge out and what should I know about that process? (My fridge is a Dometic ammonia 3-way unit). If you have a link to a site or information that might help me accomplish this it would be much appreciated? I am not on Facebook.

Also, if you've done this, what did you put in it's place and with what power requirements?

THANKS!

I know it's not popular, but I gave my two week old microwave away when I learned it literally kills the value in the food.

I replaced it with an electric tea kettle, and rice cooker to heat up my meals. Both items use less power than the microwave did.

Store those two replacement items, where you have taken out the old junk.

Latest resources

Back