Roadmaster
Engine
Cummins ISC 8.3L
TOW/TOAD
2015 Ford Explorer
Fulltimer
Yes
Hello,

Need some help please, my windshield seal broke loose on my motorhome, which caused the glass to slide down. Now I can see the sky out of my driver side upper window, about a 2-inch wide by 12-inch vertical gap. From what I can see, it will not take much for this huge and heavy windshield to fall out completely.

The glass itself is ok, it's a single-piece windshield. My Insurance (State Farm) will not cover a bad seal as being the cause, even though I have full coverage, they consider the seal to be a maintenance issue is their reason. I asked them, what if I am driving down the road and the glass falls to the ground, would they then cover it? They stated yes, then they would cover it, are you kidding me? This is a huge safety hazard and risk just to take it in somewhere to get the work done!

Has anyone been in a situation like this, and/or replaced just the seal with any luck? Or is it better to put in a new windshield at the same time. I have heard mixed ideas on this subject, and it's going to be a huge cost for me out of my own pocket, so want to make the right choice up front. We live in our motorhome full-time, so the downtime to get this done is an issue also.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Mike

A new seal can be installed on an existing windshield but the installed will make it clear that they will not be liable if the windshield breaks (which is not very likely). My windshield in my Monaco was moving around also so I got a new seal and had the installer put in the seal and also the windshield using windshield urethane. It’s been in place now for about 5 years and 30,000 miles without any issue

Wow I thought I was the only one! I put it back in place after progressive pulled the same crap. I just figured It was the quality control at pace arrow.

I got it home and after it happened the second time took it in for a professional installation. Third time was the charm though, I got rid of the piece of _ _ _ _

I appreciate all of your feedback, still working on getting quotes, and finding a quality place locally that can do the work.

Once I have a resolution, I will update this post.

Thanks again for the suggestions :)

Mike

Latest resources

Back