• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved 2015 Ventana LE SEWER HOSE CONNECTION

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'd like to hear more views, as I've got a different issue with my 2020 Dutch Star.

Since delivery in mid-September I've been exclusively using the Sanicon system, which is awesome! I have 2 concerns about the system which are being discussed elsewhere in the forum. 1) I know I'll park somewhere, sometime where it doesn't reach. 2) The potential for leakage or downright failure of the system when you need it.

So my backup plan will be the traditional sewer host setup, where I have easily stowed 20' of it (plus connectors) in the small compartment above the rear wheels. The thing is, that sewer output does not come close to reaching the hole! Perhaps a 45 will point it in the correct direction, but not sure it will reach far enough. Then I would prefer another 90 downward so that hose is not doing a 90 inside the wet bay.

Or perhaps I should just connect the flexible hose and let it drop through the hole? Looking forward to hearing ideas/experiences here!

View attachment 9772
The only thing that comes to mind looking at that photo is to use a 90-degree elbow between the gate valve and the sanicon to turn the outlet towards the hole in the floor. Then put the gate valve on the elbow. You might need a different gate valve as I can’t tell what kind of connection that gate valve uses.

As for parking somewhere that the sanicon doesn’t reach, lots of folks just connect a 5/8” garden hose to the end of the sanicon and then use an adapter at the sewer to go back from GHT to 3” sewer.

Latest resources

Back